Rooted Galaxy S4 is stuck.how can I unstick it?

xpenguin

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Rooted Galaxy s4 stuck..

I have successfully rooted my phone before in order to update to Kitkat since it's an unlocked Verizon running on T-Mobile.

Today I tried to update and carefully followed steps from both the YT video titled below and the XDA link(s) provided in the description of the video (I cannot post links yet because I'm new):

Verizon Galaxy S4**KitKat (NC5) Upgrade**With Root&Tethering

Somewhere I messed up. After clearing data, etc. and rebooting my phone it's stuck on "Samsung Custom" ever since.

I have tried battery pull, recovery, factory reset, Odin, pretty much all possible solutions I've researched and know of and nothing seems to work.. I believe it's soft bricked considering it'll still turn on and just stay stuck.

When I try to unroot to possibly solve the problem using this:

"How to Unroot Galaxy S4 and Remove Root Completely!"

From the website "galaxys4root"

Odin nor succeeds or fails, shown below:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> L720VPUFNG2_L720SPTFNG2_L720VPUFNG2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rooted Galaxy s4 stuck..

I have successfully rooted my phone before in order to update to Kitkat
No need - you can't run an update on a rooted phone (and you probably can't get rid of all signs of rooting), so you'll have to flash a KitKat ROM.

Rooting prevents updates, and if you're flashing a new ROM, rooting the old one is like washing your hands before they get dirty - you wipe out root when you flash the new ROM (unless the new ROM is rooted, in which case it would still be rooted if you hadn't rooted the old one).

See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

xpenguin

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rooted Galaxy s4 stuck..

Tried that. The ROM I tried to install from SamMobile crashed my PC twice since I tried a second time..