How to Fix Odin “MD5 hash value is invalid” Error

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Guys I am trying to restore an old Galaxy S8 that has been rooted back into a default state by using Odin. I have successfully followed the steps on my windows laptop found here

krispitech.com/galaxy-s8-unroot/

but I only get as far as Step 9 when I am trying to load the AP file into Odin I keep getting the error “md5 hash value is invalid”
I have tried running Odin in Administrators mode but same outcome, I have tried downloading the firmware from two different sources.
I note that Odin shows the following
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> AP_G950USQS7DTA6_CL17214672_QB28892932_REV01_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

I have tried removing the .md5 file extension as suggested elsewhere but nothing happens.
I also note that the 0Com8 box top left in Odin DOES NOT turn yellow as it apparently is supposed to?
Does anyone have any suggestions how I might solve this problem and finally get my S8 back into an unrooted state please?
Thank you

AussieWayne

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
mustang I want to thank you very much for your help and guidance on this. I would not have been able to do it without your assistance.:D

Are you aware of a problem with the Samsung S8 in that the camera has never ever worked which is why this phone ended up being rooted in an effort to solve this non functioning camera. We did have a good tech guy look at it but he could not solve the problem. He may have even tried changing the camera but that didn't work so we were left with the prospect of a software problem? If you are not aware then I will make a new post re this problem as it is still not working even with the complete new firmware??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
mustang I want to thank you very much for your help and guidance on this. I would not have been able to do it without your assistance.:D

Are you aware of a problem with the Samsung S8 in that the camera has never ever worked which is why this phone ended up being rooted in an effort to solve this non functioning camera. We did have a good tech guy look at it but he could not solve the problem. He may have even tried changing the camera but that didn't work so we were left with the prospect of a software problem? If you are not aware then I will make a new post re this problem as it is still not working even with the complete new firmware??
Im not aware of that on Samsung s8 , i had a s8+ but then upgraded to the s9+ , you just installed a fresh firmware so see if it works now if not most likely a repair shop would have to look into it . You can also try safe mode but if still not working it would definitely need repair center not much more anyone here can assist on that matter.

Your welcome , glad to help you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174