Alarm Has No Sound In Silent and Vibrate Mode

red_23

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just waked up a few minutes ago..
4 hours after my schedule. The alarm that I set to wake me up in the middle of the night didn't ring. As at been the case since I bought this Kitkat phone and moved away from my old ICS device. The alarm once again appeared on the screen silently and snoozed the same way (who could even design such a feature and not mark this as a bug)

I'll keep the rant for my blog - boy I'm going to write such a post today.... - here I'll just ask if this is a bug of if this the new behaviour.

Apparently, when I put my phone in Silent or Vibrate mode, the sound of the Alarm app is set to 0. So I have to remember to increase the alarm volume everytime - but I rarely. I switch back and forth between silent-vibrate about 10 times a day, and I rarely set my phone to sound.

In ICS I'd just set the alarm and didn't even have to think about it. I can learn new stuff but that one really is a regression in my opinion, it's been about 2 years and I still can't get used to it.

I think the issue is that you won't even be notified if the you activate an alarm that won't ring. (Setting the alarm is always the last thing I do, the app could notify me) in ICS you had notifications for example to inform you when the alarm would start perhaps later than you intended.

If Google had a SLA, I' d have claimed thousands of dollars that I lost by being beaten by this change in behaviour. I've lost a couple more this morning.