Question How to have alerts from car alarm sound when sleeping?

jdege

Sep 13, 2023
Visit site
I have an alarm system that messages an app on my phone when an event happens.

If, for example, someone opens a door an audio alarm sounds in the car, and a notification is sent to my phone.

My problem is that the app notification doesn't process until I log in to my phone.

I want the notification to be processed, and it's alert sound to play on my phone, immediately.

It's not clear to me whether Android has received the message and is delaying the notification, or if it's not communicating with the network, and doesn't receive the message until I've woken it up. Either could explain the behavior I'm seeing.

But in either case, I want the notification sound to play immediately.

Ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this app from the car alarm company itself, or is it sending a message to something like your Google Messages app?

If it's a proprietary app, then go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and look at its battery/power settings. Make sure it's set to Unrestricted.

jdege

Sep 13, 2023
Visit site
Is this app from the car alarm company itself, or is it sending a message to something like your Google Messages app?

If it's a proprietary app, then go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and look at its battery/power settings. Make sure it's set to Unrestricted.
It's a proprietary app, and I had not set background battery to unrestricted. That may fix my issue.

Thanks.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a proprietary app, and I had not set background battery to unrestricted. That may fix my issue.

Thanks.
Also, which phone do you have? Some phones also have other system settings (or their own system app) that have additional RAM management options (typically to kill apps in the background, usually too aggressively, since many manufacturers obsess about killing background apps in order to save battery). If changing the battery optimization doesn't help, then look into RAM/memory management options.

Reactions: Laura Knotek