Lollipop Messaging App?

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For those who do not know. Google actually posted a response explaining the new messaging app. Google said it is just a simple, fast, and nice looking app that manages SMS and MMS. They felt their customers weren't happy feeling forced to use Hangouts for everything, so they added the new app for those who want the option to keep messaging and hangouts separate.

It seems redundant to those who like both, but for me personally on my N5, text threads that are big with a lot of pictures videos are fairly laggy and take too long to open. I am excited for this new app. And it looks nicer than hangouts IMO.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You will be able to still use the "disable" feature. Which removes any updates it has, hides it from app tray, and blocks the process from running. However, you won't be able to entirely remove it from your phone.

JP4R

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
For those who do not know. Google actually posted a response explaining the new messaging app. Google said it is just a simple, fast, and nice looking app that manages SMS and MMS. They felt their customers weren't happy feeling forced to use Hangouts for everything, so they added the new app for those who want the option to keep messaging and hangouts separate.

It seems redundant to those who like both, but for me personally on my N5, text threads that are big with a lot of pictures videos are fairly laggy and take too long to open. I am excited for this new app. And it looks nicer than hangouts IMO.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Hangouts for SMS either. I use chompsms on 4.4.4 because the stock Moto G Messaging app looks so terrible and has no customization. Looking forward to the new non-Hangouts Messaging app on L when it is released.

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree hangouts is basically useless.. I have google plus etc but most of my friends have older android phones or I phones so hangouts is a dud for me

Posted via Android Central App