Question RCS dual sim

Gingerbread Man

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hey.

I use a Samsung Note 10+ as a dual sim phone - work and a personal sim.

I know that RCS via Google Messages is only available to work on the one sim at a time.

Is there any other messaging service that allow RCS on both sims at once?

Is this going to be a feature at any point?

Thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After a quick Google it seems that dual SIM devices make one SIM data but allows voice on both and RCS of course needs data, so it would be my guess that you'll have to wait until they come out with dual SIM technology that allows dual data.

Kinda surprised it couldn't be done with Wi-Fi or something like Samsung's Dual Messenger.

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
After a quick Google it seems that dual SIM devices make one SIM data but allows voice on both and RCS of course needs data, so it works be my guess that you'll have to wait until they come out with dual SIM technology that allows dual data.

Kinda surprised it couldn't be done with Wi-Fi or something like Samsung's Dual Messenger.
Fair enough.

I could buy a second phone but that's annoying in itself.
So currently no individual manufacturer or telco has it working. Arse.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: VidJunky

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I'm not too sure how well Samsung Messages does RCS? Recently I switched back to Google Messages and suddenly I have all of these RCS messages and conversations. I wasn't getting any of that with Samsung Messages. I'm getting all of the reaction prompts, read receipts and more. And honestly RCS was one of the main reasons that I was even trying Samsung's offering but hey maybe I was doing something wrong. If it works for everyone else, it could have just been me. It's worth a try though, make sure you're on the latest version.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I'm not too sure how well Samsung Messages does RCS? Recently I switched back to Google Messages and suddenly I have all of these RCS messages and conversations. I wasn't getting any of that with Samsung Messages. I'm getting all of the reaction prompts, read receipts and more. And honestly RCS was one of the main reasons that I was even trying Samsung's offering but hey maybe I was doing something wrong. If it works for everyone else, it could have just been me. It's worth a try though, make sure you're on the latest version.
I've never even tried using Samsung messages for RCS to be honest, just remember reading it supported it for dual SIM.

Reactions: VidJunky

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000