Verizon Cloud/Messaging not syncing with Google Contacts, Help!!!!!

NCHornet

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a new laptop running Windows 8.1 I have a Verizon LG G2 phone and want to be able to send and receive text messages through my computer. I have the Verizon Messages app installed on both my phone and my laptop. However only 5 out of my 200 contacts synced to the laptop. From what I have discovered these 5 were entered through the phone and saved as a "phone" contact while the others are all Google contacts. When I use the messaging app on my phone I see all my contacts, but not on the laptop. I have not been able to figure out a way to upload the Google contacts to the Verizon messaging app.besides going into each contact and changing the type from "Phone" to "Google", but that is going to take forever and I still want any new contacts saved to Google. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I have one other question, The Verizon Messaging app is only used over WiFi, this isn't the normal text messaging app that came on the phone. This one is especially used to have all your messages on several different devices. What am I to do when I am not in a WiFi location? Am I suppose to switch between the two?

If you know of a better, easier way to be able to send and receive texts through my computer please let me know what has worked for you.
Thanks
NCH