No music widget

John McLainin

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated my sony xperia t2 ultra to android 5.0 lollipop. With this update I no longer have the ability to access the lock screen widget for Google play music. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Unfortunately Lolipop removed widgets from the lockscreen (one of the many many many many many things I don't like about Lollipop, BTW). Not sure if there are lockscreen replacements for LP; the few I used in the past no longer work.

John McLainin

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Why in the world would they remove such a useful feature? It didnt ruin anything related to the android software. Oh well, thanks for the assistance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It did tamper a bit with security, so that's why they scrapped it. But yeah, I agree, it was so useful :( Now you can't use the phone while in your car as well as you could before because of that. You DO have the notification card on the lockscreen, which serves as a mini widget to control music, but it's only active if you select to have lockscreen notifications, which in my case, I'm not too fond of.

jack trade

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Cripes - what happened to google over the last few years? Just from this user perspective - google reader, wave, google plus now android lollipop. ugh and yuk. :mad:
I have found Microsoft Next Lockscreen perfect next step after kitkat. It will resolve your problem with music player as well as better notifications and great options for lockscreen customisation for home, work, on the move etc. It suits me for my own phone and mobile communications and computing and resolves google lollipop handicaps. :cool:
But I don't know how to:
* just disable google lollipop lockscreen; (I just get all that greyed out stuff) and
* use microsoft next lockscreen as default with security PIN.
any ideas anyone?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Cripes - what happened to google over the last few years? Just from this user perspective - google reader, wave, google plus now android lollipop. ugh and yuk. :mad:
I have found Microsoft Next Lockscreen perfect next step after kitkat. It will resolve your problem with music player as well as better notifications and great options for lockscreen customisation for home, work, on the move etc. It suits me for my own phone and mobile communications and computing and resolves google lollipop handicaps. :cool:
But I don't know how to:
* just disable google lollipop lockscreen; (I just get all that greyed out stuff) and
* use microsoft next lockscreen as default with security PIN.
any ideas anyone?

Again, not sure you CAN do it at all, unless rooted.

jack trade

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
sorry spookdroid - i obviously missed the first time.
it's kinda weird there are all these non-google lockscreen apps for android which are pretty much going to be useless or annoying on lollipop.
I am finding I am slowly getting used to using next lockscreen to access apps and functions with the detour and through the android lockscreen.
At least I can play music through me device now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez