GW6 Classic Watch Tiles / Widgets

Tripndrag

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to get other Tiles on the GW6 Classic? I was just forced to get a new watch after having my GearS3 Frontier for 8 years when I got my new S24 Ultra. Gear S3 no longer supported. I am missing the barometer altitude tile/widget on the new Wear OS. There are tons of health tiles / widgets but I don't use any of the health features but steps. I can't find a way to add/install new Tiles / Widgets to use on the watch. Super confusing everything is on the play store now with Wear OS, much easier with the Galaxy store not having the phone involved in my opinion.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I believe that tiles are supported via the app, and that you can't add a tile for an app that doesn't already support one. I agree that the play store is harder to learn initially than the Galaxy Store, especially for watch faces.

Tripndrag

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It looks like watch faces are mostly Facer style where there is an online account and then it communicates to an app to put faces on the watch. I tried this with my GearS3 and it was a battery hog! Same thing on the GW6 classic. I downloaded and installed Galaxy Watch Studio, built and used other peoples builds on my GearS3. The GW6 classic wasn't supported so I found Samsung Watch Face Studio that would work. I wasn't able to use my old files so I built new ones and found a couple free builds online as well. You can connect your watch over wifi to the program and load faces directly on the watch run them and not have a battery drain issue. I can go about 4 full 24 hour days, Sunday to Sunday if I turn the watch off every night. I am going to try and start building my own Tiles since I can't find any that I want or any to download yet.