How to Use Custom Notification Sounds

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to use custom sounds for ringtones and notfications? I have an mp3 file that I want to use but I can't figure out how to get it to show up in the list of notifications when I go into the settings menu. When either using a file explorer app or connecting via USB to my computer I see a notifications folder but putting the file in there doesn't work. I'm assuming there is another folder I'm missing and maybe I need root access to do this.

sami carter

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey today i got a lg g5 phone and i put zedge on my phone for ringtones and notifications the first time i chose my song for that it did it the first time i have tried more than once for notifications like i tried 3 songs 3 different times and it wont chage it will stay to the notifcation when i got my phone i need your help

wyatt mangham

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey today i got a lg g5 phone and i put zedge on my phone for ringtones and notifications the first time i chose my song for that it did it the first time i have tried more than once for notifications like i tried 3 songs 3 different times and it wont chage it will stay to the notifcation when i got my phone i need your help

Same tbing here. Got my G5 yesterday, downloaded zedge, set my text notification sound and it only works for my email, which i don't want, but not working as text sound.. My ring tone I set is working tbo. What the fudge?

Last edited by a moderator:

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to use custom sounds for ringtones and notfications? I have an mp3 file that I want to use but I can't figure out how to get it to show up in the list of notifications when I go into the settings menu. When either using a file explorer app or connecting via USB to my computer I see a notifications folder but putting the file in there doesn't work. I'm assuming there is another folder I'm missing and maybe I need root access to do this.

You can change notification sounds in each app. There is a default sound. Then you go to text, gmail, etc. and set the sound you want.

StefEBear

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I still have no idea why this isn't a built in Android Option.
Windows Mobile has this option as a system tool. No damn need for yet another stupid app.