Why does my keyboard quit in the middle of use?

JPatton7

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG G Stylo on the Boost network. It recently upgraded to the Marshmallow version of Android OS. Since then, my keyboard has been acting up. It does not always pop-up as it should in Facebook or messaging. When it does, it will disappear in the middle of typing, whether I use the slide feature or regular key typing, and not come back.

I have tried switching from the LG keyboard to the Google Keyboard, but I have still encountered the same problem. Even typing a short two word message is giving me problems, and there is no predictability to when it will occur. I have tried quitting the app and restarting it when this occurs, but that does not help as well.

Since I didn't have this problem until the update to the OS, I believe it is related to this. I'm getting extremely frustrated by this. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you wiped the cache partition since the update? Doing so usually resolves a host of weird issues that crop up.

Also, if you upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow, it might not be optimal, but a reset of the phone may be in order if just wiping the cache partition doesn't help things. Sometimes phones just need to be reset after a major OS update to ensure they work as well as they can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10