Posibility of adding a contact with wildcards

starlifter1

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to add a contact in my phone with a wildcard so as to assign a certain pre-fix to a group? For example, calls from 123-456-**** are work related?

My reasons for needing something like this is I am assigned an on-call rotation as part of my work duties. I can be called any time of the day or night. I want to make sure of the DND feature on Marshmallow and only allow calls from work to pass through. There is simply no way to enter every possible number that the number could originate from.

Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add a contact in my phone with a wildcard so as to assign a certain pre-fix to a group? For example, calls from 123-456-**** are work related?

My reasons for needing something like this is I am assigned an on-call rotation as part of my work duties. I can be called any time of the day or night. I want to make sure of the DND feature on Marshmallow and only allow calls from work to pass through. There is simply no way to enter every possible number that the number could originate from.

Thanks

I don't believe it's possible, and I looked for an app as well, nothing.
Can't you just add all your work contacts to their own group, and only allow that group in your DND settings?

starlifter1

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it's possible, and I looked for an app as well, nothing.
Can't you just add all your work contacts to their own group, and only allow that group in your DND settings?

It would be very easy if there were only maybe a dozen or so numbers to add to the group. However, I work for the DoD and there are literally several hundred possible numbers calls could originate from and I am not aware of all of them as some are non-local.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It would be very easy if there were only maybe a dozen or so numbers to add to the group. However, I work for the DoD and there are literally several hundred possible numbers calls could originate from and I am not aware of all of them as some are non-local.

Ah crap that makes sense then. I will keep an eye out for an app but I have found nothing thus far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty