Should I upgrade My nexus 5x to 'N'

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I've been thinking for the last few day's of upgrading my LG Nexus 5x to N and i'm wanting to know if it's stable enough or would it be best to just wait for it's final release. So Should I ? or Should I wait ?
Thanks in advance

deziking

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on it. Its better to do the OTA, you sign up and sends you the ota instantly to your phone.
Few things, little bit laggy, i'm sure it will be fixed. Notification is nice quick reply is best. Tiles in notifcation is also nice get quick information like battery details and doesn't make you go to another screen the info is right there. I need to figure out way to put more cusotom tiles. Other than that browsing with adblock browser is seemless and very smooth compared to other browsers.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Got another phone to use for "important" stuff?

If so, go for it. If not, I would hold off.

It's mostly stable. Lots of little bugs of course, but generally it works about as well as anyone would expect a very early version to work.

My biggest issue as far as usability is that it tends to reboot when switching from LTE to Wifi and it randomly locks up until I hold the power button to force a reset. I've also had an issue where it rebooted to a boot loop and required a full reset, but only saw that once.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
I've been thinking for the last few day's of upgrading my LG Nexus 5x to N and i'm wanting to know if it's stable enough or would it be best to just wait for it's final release. So Should I ? or Should I wait ?
Thanks in advance
One important thing to keep in mind is that Android N is just a preview and not an official release. With that said you will find parts of the OS that aren't complete, have bugs, or may not work on your device. So putting Android N on your device that you use every day is not recommended.

Another thing to remember is that once you've installed Android N on a device and you want to revert back to marshmallow, it requires a factory data reset which wipes your device memory clean before restoring.

So unless you have another eligible device hat you can install Android N on, I'd suggest you wait. Sure it would be cool to see where Android is heading, but in the long run it's not worth the hassle. Just be patient and you'll have the next version of Android before you know it.

Kewl Samurai

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Wait for OTA as that will be final stable release.
If you really want to hands on Android N, then arrange a spare phone like Jerry said and go for it. Thats the advantage of being on Nexus that you can get developer release early, you get stable release fast.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac