Upgrading from Watch 3 to 5or 6? Advice appreciated

remmy00

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Currently have a Watch 3 and it's served pretty well for my needs. However been debating/wanting to upgrade recently.

As of now it's between the Watch 6 Classic and the Watch 5 Pro/5 Pro Golf edition. I read some reports that the 6 has Golf edition that's live in Korea, and coming (eventually) to the US, so that's in the ring as well.

I have read that there is some disatisfaction with the 6 battery life as welll... But its gotta be better than my 3.

Don't particularly want to wait till the 7 comes out next year and the price point probably won't be too appealing. Is it worth waiting for the 5 Pro/Golf to drop a bit? Or just go straight for the 6? Christmas sales etc.

Would love to hear your feedback on which potential direction to go.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a watch? I went from the 3 to the 6. The one reason I didn't go with the 5 is because of the rotating bezel. I love the rotating bezel on my 3 so I had to have it on my next watch. If that doesn't matter to you, go with the 5.

My battery life on the 6 varies from day to day. I charge it every night. I get up at 4 am in the morning and go to bed around 10 pm. Some days I will have a little less than 60% at the end of the day. Other days I will still be in the 70% range. So for me I would have to say that my battery could possibly last me 2 days. If that will work for you, go for the 6. Either way you will not miss the 3.

Reactions: notforhire

remmy00

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Did you get a watch? I went from the 3 to the 6. The one reason I didn't go with the 5 is because of the rotating bezel. I love the rotating bezel on my 3 so I had to have it on my next watch. If that doesn't matter to you, go with the 5.

My battery life on the 6 varies from day to day. I charge it every night. I get up at 4 am in the morning and go to bed around 10 pm. Some days I will have a little less than 60% at the end of the day. Other days I will still be in the 70% range. So for me I would have to say that my battery could possibly last me 2 days. If that will work for you, go for the 6. Either way you will not miss the 3.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I did end upgrading. Went for the 6 Classic.

Battery is same as you describe, and for me that is just fine since I usually stick it on the charger every night as well.

So far so good.. liking it a lot!

Reactions: mak916

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000