Nova launcher vs Nexus launcher

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to share with you my newest home screen layout. I Figured I'd try Nova launcher vs the Nexus launcher. I actually like how you can have Swype gestures , and have multiple dock pages vs having less app in the main home screen covering the your wallpaper. I just have to get used to it. I don't know, maybe it's just me, however Nova launcher also seems a little bit smoother than the Nexus launcher. I was looking in memory usage by apps and Nova launcher does seem to use a little bit more memory than Nexus launcher. Am I just being too anal about that though?

b589f77bc1639a54bf188c02e270e950.jpg

be6a36cedc2a714b9d5363d9e5f281d3.jpg

c1fadbe75b29a32f0d9311387b175b79.jpg

5739766967e3be7f833299761edbc809.jpg

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova for years. I've tried most launchers, including Google Now launcher and the Nexus Launcher beta, but I keep coming back to Nova. It just has so many features others are missing and that I don't want to do without.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova for years. I've tried most launchers, including Google Now launcher and the Nexus Launcher beta, but I keep coming back to Nova. It just has so many features others are missing and that I don't want to do without.
Yes this is what I am Now realizing. I mean I do love the customizable dock bar which you can use to take more of you're most used apps off the home screen so you can actually see more of you're wallpaper. Lol. I for customizing as well and for just being n used to using in changed to manually change the look of all of the woo icons but obviously with Nova launcher, it does that automatically as well. You haven't found that Nova launcher consumes more wk memory than normal?? Granted our phones are the most efficient with RAM memory, it's more me being anal about it unfortunately. The custom setting for gesture control is also kind of cool as well.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I haven't really noticed any abnormal RAM usage with Nova, even when I was using it back on my Note 2. And now on the 6P, it just work so well for me with the custom icons, gestures, grid resizing, widget resizing, etc.. If I had to go back to only using something like Google Now, I might as well just get an iPhone. There's just around the same amount of customization. ;)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I haven't really noticed any abnormal RAM usage with Nova, even when I was using it back on my Note 2. And now on the 6P, it just work so well for me with the custom icons, gestures, grid resizing, widget resizing, etc.. If I had to go back to only using something like Google Now, I might as well just get an iPhone. There's just around the same amount of customization. ;)
I just feel like Nova drained my battery more so. I'm just testing out a different setup now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress