Messenger vs Textra

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, after realizing that allo doesn't have any SMS integration and that's a very very inconvenient and bad thing, I'm trying text wrap out for myself. I'm realizing that has a lot more customization options for colors and quick replies and what I love is when you quick reply to an incoming text message number one it will also clear the message from the notification shade like nougat did in developer preview 3 with Google Messenger. Number 2 is you can apply a picture message from the notification shade and not just in the main texting you! That's a really nice feature ! Does anyone else here use Textra for texting?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always use Textra now. I love the quick reply and being able to customize all the notifications / how they operate.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I always use Textra now. I love the quick reply and being able to customize all the notifications / how they operate.

Yes, yes. I never knew that text was so customizable before. I use Google Messenger in the past all the time to use all Google apps which I actually love and whatnot but I have found that when creating new messages in Google Messenger it is a bit sluggish and laggy and it's not smooth. And yeah the quick reply in Textra and their color customizations are pretty awesome! And it doesn't seem like it's a ram memory hog or a batteries hog either. What do you think so?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used both Messenger and Textra and prefer Textra. More customization and just a better overall experience. Nothing really wrong with Messenger, I just like Textra better. I liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can see that well thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it!

On a side note, I did like the idea of allo, however it's not meant for sms integration, and that could be one of the main reasons it fail unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87