Messenger questions

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
This seems to have recently started up. My daughter and both have S23's. Both use the built in instant messenger app. (Samsung) In the past, everything has worked perfectly. I get Sent reciepts, recieved reciepts, read reciepts... Messages work great.. Until recently. She has the blue dot showing that she has RCS on, and I have checked my and my RCS is on. I called her up and she checked and my profile shot also has the Blue Dot. She has sent me a text message in the past and it come right through.. I can see that she is typing a new message. She gets all the reciepts from me.

However, if I send a message to her, I get the little spinning icon and then no reciept. Nothing at all... No Sent, no recieved, no read... nothing. she doesn't get any message from me. She sent me two images today and they came through. I sent her a message and she never got it. I have no reciept saying that it was sent other than the message has a time stamp on it. The two messages was sent through at 1:46pm. At 5:29 I asked her a question about it.. nothing.. no reciept. No nothing other than the time stamp.. So far, I've sent 12 messages and nothing yet.

I've called her, talked to her. No messages recieved from me today.
She has sent messages to others with no problems. I've sent messages to others with no problem... ONLY between me and her. It's been a random deal for the past few weeks until today.

I have strong WIFI signal. I've turned off my WIFI and used nothing but cellular. No change. I've rebooted. I've checked settings. I've shut it down, removed the sim card, reseated it, checked the moisture detector.... (as per Samsungs online instructions) I've cleared the App Cache, Her number isn't in my blocked listing..

I wiped the Cache partition and it suddenly started working again, but I do that usually about every few weeks...

Any ideas other than wipe the partition weekly?

Edit: Wiping the cache partition only worked one time... dead again.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
RCS is carrier-dependent (and because of a recent issue with texting, albeit not RCS-related) the first thing I'd try is to reset your network settings. If you don't want to go that route yet, you could try turning RCS off and seeing if she gets the texts, and then turning it back on. Using a 3rd party app that supports RCS like Google Messages can also help.

Does this happen just with her or with another RCS recipient?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
RCS is carrier-dependent (and because of a recent issue with texting, albeit not RCS-related) the first thing I'd try is to reset your network settings. If you don't want to go that route yet, you could try turning RCS off and seeing if she gets the texts, and then turning it back on. Using a 3rd party app that supports RCS like Google Messages can also help.

Does this happen just with her or with another RCS recipient?
I'd rather not reset network settings if I can. Last time I did that, I liked to have never gotten everything re-entered. As for carrier dependent, both of us are AT&T. I'll try the resetting RCS tomorrow evening. I've pestered her enough for one night. Might give google a try if that don't work. I'll let you know. Thank you.
BTW. It's just her. Only

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather not reset network settings if I can. Last time I did that, I liked to have never gotten everything re-entered. As for carrier dependent, both of us are AT&T. I'll try the resetting RCS tomorrow evening. I've pestered her enough for one night. Might give google a try if that don't work. I'll let you know. Thank you.
BTW. It's just her. Only
Also when I said network settings I meant just carrier ones (on a Samsung, go to Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset mobile network settings). At least when I did it that fixed my issue with that single contact and didn't have to enter any further data (it kept my WiFi networks, etc.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter