Galaxy S7 Nougat update turned suggested-word dropdown menu to black-on-black

Robbinsjr1

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I have an (AT&T) Galaxy S7 that just got the Nougat update. I mostly use voice-to-text for my text messages because I'm driving all day. Ever since the update, when it gets a word wrong and i tap it to bring up the suggested-word dropdown dialog, it is tiny black words on a slightly lighter black background. It's all but impossible to see in the daytime and I can't find anywhere to change it.

At first i thought it was either my text app (Textra) or possibly my launcher (Nova Launcher Prime) but even after disabling both and using the stock Touchwiz and stock android texting app, i still get the black-on-black dropdown.

I'm not using any themes or weird color schemes nor any kind of disability-mitigation features

I'm now assuming it's related to the Google Voice speech-to-text feature and from what I can tell, there is no way to change any colors or text sizes in this app.

Can someone please provide a suggestion as to where to turn next?

Antonybooth

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I've just started seeing this problem on my Verizon Samsung S6 since the Nougat update last week. Oddly, so far I do not see the problem on any app*other than Verizon's Message+ text messaging app. When I use WhatsApp or anything else requiring keyboard input, if I choose*speech-to-text, the pop-up list of suggested words is black text on a white background. But with Message+, it is black text on a very dark gray background, as described above. All apps use Google Voice when the speech to text microphone button is chosen. So it's not obvious to me where the real problem lies.

Heidi Wimbush

May 17, 2017
Visit site
No solutions yet to this problem? It is extremely annoying to see that dark gray box pop up with indistinguishable words. Sometimes it is difficult to make it go away. I want rid of it now. I don't need it!!! Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38