issues sending emojis from iphone to S24 Ultra

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
So, I had a co-worker text me from her phone (not an iPhone) using Google Voice and the emoji was delivered. I didn't have a chance to contact Google directly today.

Reactions: jtfwTX

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So, I had a co-worker text me from her phone (not an iPhone) using Google Voice and the emoji was delivered. I didn't have a chance to contact Google directly today.

I have an iPhone and I have the same issue sending emojis to none iPhone users and they won’t get it. It worked fine till there was an update on my phone and now same issue

Reactions: BEaRebel

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Within Google Messages settings, under the Advanced tab, near the bottom of the message settings, is an option button to "show IPhone reactions as emojis" . Set Google Messages as your default message app, turn on this option, and all should be good with your girlfriend's emojis within messages. However, I don't know whether this will help with Google Voice, unless the two apps are somehow connected. It's worth a try.

Sent from my SM-S928U using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
Within Google Messages settings, under the Advanced tab, near the bottom of the message settings, is an option button to "show IPhone reactions as emojis" . Set Google Messages as your default message app, turn on this option, and all should be good with your girlfriend's emojis within messages. However, I don't know whether this will help with Google Voice, unless the two apps are somehow connected. It's worth a try.

Sent from my SM-S928U using AC Forums mobile app
I've tried this with the setting ON and OFF, and it doesn't make a difference. The issue isn't a reaction, but the emojis within Google Voice. I can receive emojis from her iPhone number, but not her Google Voice number on her iPhone. Thank you for your suggestion though.