Does android 7.0 have an extra volume feature like 6.0 has?

A

AC Question

I'm a hearing impaired person and being able to increase volume during a phone call that goes beyond the norm is so necessary in order to hear my caller better. I'm sure others hearing impaired people have found this to be a great feature. Hoping you put it back in 7.0

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P I don't see anything in the system-wide accessibility settings. However, in the phone app there look to be settings for this.

Tap the overflow menu (3 dots, top right corner) then Accessibility. In there is a hearing aid setting.

Ladydi1928

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm hearing impaired as well and absolutely need the extra volume feature. My husband upgraded to 7.0 and it doesn't seem to have the extra volume feature that we can find. That's what keeps me from upgrading to 7.0. I need the extra volume.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing impaired as well and absolutely need the extra volume feature. My husband upgraded to 7.0 and it doesn't seem to have the extra volume feature that we can find. That's what keeps me from upgrading to 7.0. I need the extra volume.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a hearing aid comparability setting within the phone app itself in Nougat. Open the phone app, touch the three dots, go to settings>accessabilty. Hope this helps.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on S7 edge. When my call connects there is an "Extra Volume" button if that's what you're talking about.

I think that is probably what everyone is talking about. I never noticed that in my dialer but don't really make too many calls either. I'll have to take a look and see if it's there.

Ladydi1928

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
No, that's not it. If you open phone where you can find your call logs and then press the keyboard so you can dial a number, one the call connects you can then click on extra volume which is right above the keyboard touch pad. 7.0 definitely doesn't have it there or anywhere else which is too bad. Anyone know how to put in a request for them to bring it back?