Persistent notification on Note 5 with Nougat OS

mvanheusen

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,
I have a Note 5 with nougat as its OS. In the past I used to get notifications and get the accompanying sound only once. One day my phone falls into the hands of my 3 yr old. I don't know what button he pushed. I am now getting notifications with the accompanying sound every 3 seconds. The sound wont go away unless I press the notification and go into the pertaining app.

Any advise?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I have a Note 5 with nougat as its OS. In the past I used to get notifications and get the accompanying sound only once. One day my phone falls into the hands of my 3 yr old. I don't know what button he pushed. I am now getting notifications with the accompanying sound every 3 seconds. The sound wont go away unless I press the notification and go into the pertaining app.

Any advise?

Welcome to the forums. What app is it? Is there anything in that specific app settings that you can change?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how he got there, but I think the fix is in your Accessibility settings.

1. Open SETTINGS, then tap on ACCESSIBILITY.
2. Find NOTIFICATION REMINDER. Hit OFF.
3. Reboot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Any advise?
@underway99 beat me to it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86