How to make apps

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I think I might like to try and create my own app...but have no clue where to start...what are the necessities? Software? And guides?

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An app is a program. First you learn programming.

Android apps are written in Java, so you then learn Java.

Once you know both programming and Java you write the app.

melvinzammit

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way about 4 months ago. I didn't know where to start and what tools to download.

Basically there are 2 options. You can either choose to do all your work with a game engine like unity 3D. It would fasten your workflow but in a way would reduce your flexibility. You can also choose to do like I did and download eclipse (Eclipse - The Eclipse Foundation open source community website.) and program your way to your first Android app.The best tutorial I found out there is the one by new Boston
Android Application Development Tutorial - 1 - Download and Install the Java JDK - YouTube
It gives you anything you want to know. Form installing eclipse to programming a good game.

I found my first week very rewarding. I learned all the basics and quickly started my first game which was quite good for a beginner. Here's a link if you want to check it out (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MiwiY29tLm5ldXJvbmRpZ2l0YWwiXQ&token=RLjXMGaf..).

If you want to learn Android development quickly I suggest you start a small game like I did and learn new stuff while doing it.

A great milestone for me was when I started developing tools. The first one I did was a Time Capsule. A user can put a file/image or anything in it and it would lock and encrypt it for a specified amount of time or with 3 different passwords(held by different people of course). (Here's a link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bmRpZ2l0YWwudGltZWNhcHN1bGUiXQ&token=jeBWfea6..). I suggest you try programming a tool at least once in your life. Its a great way to expand your algorithm knowledge.

I wish you good luck! and always make your apps for fun.

Melvin Zammit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87