Absolute Newbie Here

kcmookie

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Getting ready to (re)launch an internet radio station and was wondering how hard it was to create a specific app or widget for the station? I have had my Android for a month now and realize how important it is to have streaming audio that doesn't constantly have to 'buffer'. I am fairly tech savvy, would I be better of trying to create the app myself, or finding someone to do it? How hard is it, and conversely how much would it cost to get it? Won't be making any money on the gig until it starts hopefully pulling in sponsors.

Thanks!
Mark

Genek

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mark. AI does not currently have support for creating widgets. I'm not sure how you'd go about building an app that depends on streaming audio, but does not buffer. That is just the nature of streaming audio. If you don't buffer you'll end up with a lot of pauses and skipping. You might be able to build something with AI that plays an audio stream, but based on what your requirements are, you might have to look at going SDK.

We have a team of people collaborating on some projects and one of them deals with streaming audio. Take a look at this link Downloads - the-ai-repository and find pandoraPicker.zip. Load it up in AI and try it out. Maybe it will turn out to be what you're looking for.

We are also looking at converting some apps to SDK so post on this group and maybe we can add your idea to the list. the App Inventor Repository on Google Groups

Gene
App Inventor Info Center