New and Interested

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Z 5 Fold after owning many many iPhones.

The learning curve is hard to grasp but I need to set up a way to have my phone go silent or into DND mode when I’m at a certain location, until I leave that location.

With my iPhone I was able to create an automation in the Apple Shortcuts app.

I have been looking for a way to do this with Android 13.

All I’ve found are a few posts that say to go to Settings | System | Rules… not sure if it’s Samsung or the android version (13), but I haven’t found Rules anywhere in the settings.

After searching I found a post that said you could do this with Tasker so I downloaded it but am totally lost.

I haven’t been able to figure out if I can, how to, where to look …

Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
JW

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just search for "Routines" in your Settings. There you can add any automation you'd like (If 'At this place', turn on DND). You have more options if you download Good Lock (which, in all honesty, you should anyway!) and use the Routines+ module.

Tasker does have a ton of automation functions, but it's not an easy app to use/learn (albeit very powerful once you do). Another option is IFTTT, but some options on your phone are not readily available (it's more 'cloud based') and it is no longer free to be really useful.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just search for "Routines" in your Settings. There you can add any automation you'd like (If 'At this place', turn on DND). You have more options if you download Good Lock (which, in all honesty, you should anyway!) and use the Routines+ module.

Tasker does have a ton of automation functions, but it's not an easy app to use/learn (albeit very powerful once you do). Another option is IFTTT, but some options on your phone are not readily available (it's more 'cloud based') and it is no longer free to be really useful.
Thank you

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I use the PhoneProfilePlus app. It does that and much more. Be aware that the must current version is not in the Play Store. The author gave up on the Google hoops that you need to jump through. There is a more current version on the Galaxy Store, but the must current version is at Git Hub. After installing the app, go to the edit screen, click on the three verical dots on the top right an then on check app releases. There is a companion application that must be installed call PhoneProfilePlusExtender so be able to use some of the functions. I am currently using version 6.2 on my Fold 4 and have no problems.
The app is free, but if you like it I urge you to donate to the author. He is very responsive to questions and problem reports.
I mainly use it for location and calendar entry triggers, but also have one trigger based on a specific blue device being connected.

Reactions: n0m0n

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Android Routines seem very limited. Macrodroid will do just about everything that Tasker does, but has a much easier learning curve. If the location where you want DND has public wifi, you could use its presence as a trigger. Otherwise, you could use the Geofence trigger (will fire when you enter or exit a specified area).

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Android Routines seem very limited. Macrodroid will do just about everything that Tasker does, but has a much easier learning curve. If the location where you want DND has public wifi, you could use its presence as a trigger. Otherwise, you could use the Geofence trigger (will fire when you enter or exit a specified area).
You do not need tasker. Look at my post. This app does what n0m0n needs and a lot more. I have bee using it for years starting with a Note 5

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I use the PhoneProfilePlus app. It does that and much more. Be aware that the must current version is not in the Play Store. The author gave up on the Google hoops that you need to jump through. There is a more current version on the Galaxy Store, but the must current version is at Git Hub. After installing the app, go to the edit screen, click on the three verical dots on the top right an then on check app releases. There is a companion application that must be installed call PhoneProfilePlusExtender so be able to use some of the functions. I am currently using version 6.2 on my Fold 4 and have no problems.
The app is free, but if you like it I urge you to donate to the author. He is very responsive to questions and problem reports.
I mainly use it for location and calendar entry triggers, but also have one trigger based on a specific blue device being connected.
Do you know of any directional video's for PhoneProfilePlus? I searched on google and on Youtube but I didn't find anything as to creating profiles or setup.

Thanks

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Do you know of any directional video's for PhoneProfilePlus? I searched on google and on Youtube but I didn't find anything as to creating profiles or setup.

Thanks
No. There are some instructions in the app. I learned it by trying things. You may want to send a message to the author and ask him. You do that by going into edit mode, click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right, select support and then email to the author. It will open your mail client.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No. There are some instructions in the app. I learned it by trying things. You may want to send a message to the author and ask him. You do that by going into edit mode, click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right, select support and then email to the author. It will open your mail client.
Thank you

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards