I need a GPS Tracking APP that has notifications if the phone moves!

Neo_Ocelot

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm trying to help a friend setup an android phone as a remote GPS tracking device for his work trailer.

He lives in a high crime neighborhood and is concerned for his property.

Ive found many apps out there where you can see the location of the phone but what I need is the phone to send an email or text when the phone/trailer moves from that location. That way he can alert the police ect when the trailer is being stolen.

Is there any app out there that can help?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated! ;)
HTC, MyTouch Android version 2.3.6

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm trying to help a friend setup an android phone as a remote GPS tracking device for his work trailer.

He lives in a high crime neighborhood and is concerned for his property.

Ive found many apps out there where you can see the location of the phone but what I need is the phone to send an email or text when the phone/trailer moves from that location. That way he can alert the police ect when the trailer is being stolen.

Is there any app out there that can help?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated! ;)
HTC, MyTouch Android version 2.3.6

Welcome to Android Central!

Not sure if any of the newer apps are compatible with that old a version of Android. Will the phone be active with service?

Neo_Ocelot

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes this phone will be in service. if I need a newer Kernel, rooting, custom firmware or a new phone, I willing to do that.

My friend basically wants a "GPS Alarm". I plan on wiring the phone to a deep cycle marine battery located in the trailer so it stays charged, This larger battery in turn gets charged by the truck when it is being used.

should be a pretty sweet setup if I can find an app that dose GPS notifications.

Ill keep you guys updated with any progress.

Neo_Ocelot

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I found this app called "family radar" but its for apple:(

Dose anyone know of an android equivalent?

It must be able to automatically alert if it moves from the location.