Vote for your Favorite Security App

Vote for Best Security App

• Total voters

hapyman

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I am new to android and can't help but love the Top App threads. They have been a lot of help in weeding out potential apps.

In honor of this category of threads I have gotten the green light to start a thread for best "Security App". There seems to be quite a few potential candidates that include remote lock, remote locator, remote alarm, virus scans or some combination of those. I will try to list as many as I can find that fulfill these requirements. Apologies in advance if I leave any good programs out of the loop.

Some things to consider when you vote:

• Ram Usage
  • Battery Usage
  • Price vs. Feature Comparison (FREE?!?!)
  • Reliability

Thanks in advance. I look forward to seeing everyone's input!

tcat007

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't found one that will "find my phone" when background sync is off (and it's off 95% of the time). And I seldom have GPS on, so that also increases the odds of a lost or stolen phone. So I feel they all just waste my app space.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been pretty happy with the ESET option available. Love their desktop software which is why i gave it a shot. Low on resources and stays quiet. Then again I havent ever done anything to my phone that would really test an app like these.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 for EMS (ESET Mobile Security). Very thorough and not a resource or battery hog. As stated above, a trusted company in the PC arena. It is currently free but still considered Beta. There may be a cost for use in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa