Question Persistent WiFi Connectivity Issue on OnePlus 5T - Seeking Support

samirpichku

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out here as I am facing a persistent WiFi connectivity issue with my OnePlus 5T that has been ongoing for the past two weeks. I have tried various troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately, the problem persists. I'm not very well-versed in technical matters, so I thought I'd seek some advice from fellow users who might have encountered a similar situation. I tried emailing the support team, but the limitation of 500 characters left me no other choice.

The Issue: My OnePlus 5T is having trouble obtaining an IP address from my 2.4GHz router. The Wi-Fi is often displayed as 'disabled' under the Wi-Fi settings, and when I attempt to connect, it goes through the stages of "connecting," "authenticating," and obtaining an IP address." While occasionally it connects, more often than not, it fails to establish a stable connection. I've even resorted to using Airplane mode with Wi-Fi enabled to get intermittent connectivity, but this is also unreliable.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken: I have tried various troubleshooting steps, including:
  • Disabling the automatic Wi-Fi switcher that enables simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi usage.
  • Ensuring that my SIM cards are disabled or physically removed from the device.
  • Clearing the cache from the recovery mode.
  • Resetting all network settings.
  • Forgetting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network.
  • Rebooting the phone with the default settings.
  • Using the 1.1.1.1 app by Cloudflare, which sometimes provides temporary relief.
Additional Information:
  • I have two routers in my setup, and both exhibit the same behavior with my OnePlus 5T.
  • Other devices in my household are functioning normally with the Wi-Fi networks.
  • I have tried various physical adjustments like cleaning the antenna band and using the phone without a case, to no avail.
Request for Assistance: Given the extensive efforts I've put into troubleshooting, I believe this might be a hardware or software issue specific to my OnePlus 5T. Unfortunately, I am unable to update my Android version as there are no available software updates at this time. I kindly request the expertise of the OnePlus support team to guide me in resolving this Wi-Fi connectivity issue.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, solutions, or insights from the community that might help me address this issue. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or knows of a potential workaround, please share your insights.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to your responses.