Why are we knocking on Droidlight LED Flashlight?

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps this isn't anyone on this forum, but when I look at the market reviews for the Droidlight app, half the recent reviews are downrating it to a one star saying it doesn't work on the Incredible.

Of course it doesn't work on the HTC Droid Incredible, the app is developed by Motorola for the Droid/Milestone. Why would Motorola update an app to work for their competitor's phone? And why so many people lacking common sense?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps this isn't anyone on this forum, but when I look at the market reviews for the Droidlight app, half the recent reviews are downrating it to a one star saying it doesn't work on the Incredible.

Of course it doesn't work on the HTC Droid Incredible, the app is developed by Motorola for the Droid/Milestone. Why would Motorola update an app to work for their competitor's phone? And why so many people lacking common sense?

While you, I, and most other forum members realize the difference and understand the concept of it having been developed by Motorola for the Droid/Milestone, you seem to be forgetting a huge part of the customer-base.... average consumers. Not everyone is as technically savvy. They see the word "Droid" and assume it'll work. While yes, it's not designed to work, that's not the point. I don't blame the consumer. I blame Motorola. If they want an app out there that will only function properly on their device, that should be listed in the product description. If it's not, they deserve the low ratings from the customers who they just expect to be tech savvy enough to understand the difference.

The product description states "...and it works great on the Motorola Droid and Milestone." It doesn't state that it only does, just that it works great on them. That's Moto's fault. If the wording said that it would only work on the Droid/Milestone, then I would probably agree with you.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i think everyone needs to stop refering to the incredible as droid it should just be htc incredible running android 2.1

Probably so. I think the real problem lies in the fact that motorola choose to use the word "droid" in the naming of their phone. Then again, we do have the Droid Eris by HTC, right?

I'm surprised google didn't try to hold onto the naming aspect a little bit more of the "android" platform. Its an obvious play on the name. But if they had, we wouldn't be having such an issue.