1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Tether Apps For AT&T Nexus One

When I first got my Nexus One, I downloaded both EasyTether and PdaNet and they worked great. But after resetting my phone to sign up with my other gmail email address, I noticed neither one was there.

If you have a Nexus One on AT&T also, you probably don't see either of these apps in the market either. So how do you download them? Take your SIM card out. Connect to wifi and go back into the market after turning your phone back on and you'll see PdaNet, EasyTether, wifi tether for root users, and there may be a few more, all there. After you download them, just put your SIM card back in your phone and tethering should work fine.

Hope this helps any of you who couldn't find any tethering apps in the market.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Thanks for sharing
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Any time. I asked about this a few weeks ago but no one posted the problem or provided a solution, so I thought maybe they got pulled from the market. But after that tethering article posted here yesterday I think, I saw some people had the same problem as me, and some were downloading it fine. So I tried taking both my SIM card and MicroSD card out to see if either were the problem and found out it was the SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Any time. I asked about this a few weeks ago but no one posted the problem or provided a solution,
    That might have been me.
    It never occurred to me that the market was segregated by carrier sim.

Excellent clue, thanks for posting it.

Now if PDANet would just release a Linux driver for the Computer side I'd be good to go.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah. I had no idea, either.

I'm surprised AT&T can pull apps from the market, since they don't officially support the phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    That might have been me.
    It never occurred to me that the market was segregated by carrier sim.

Excellent clue, thanks for posting it.

Now if PDANet would just release a Linux driver for the Computer side I'd be good to go.
    Just wondering, why not use Bluetooth? Unless you don't have Bluetooth in your computer. And if you need to keep the phone charged, you can still plug it in.

Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts

you can download pdanet from here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well that's another way to install PdaNet, but my trick still works for all apps blocked by your carrier.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Hey, how would one do this with Sprint? I know Verizon BlackBerries have SIMs. But afaik thats a special circumstance for CDMA, so how would I do something like this on an Incredible or EVO. Is there a version of airplane mode that will kill all CDMA radio's but leave wifi on?

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

PDAnet is there for me on EVO while I currently have airplane mode on and wifi on (so wifi only no CDMA), but I think I also found it before in over the air search.

Turn on airplane mode first which turns off all radios, then turn on wifi.
    Last edited by scaots; 06-24-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: add instruction to get wifi only