Tether Apps For AT&T Nexus One

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Nexus One, I downloaded both EasyTether and PdaNet and they worked great. But after resetting my phone to sign up with my other gmail email address, I noticed neither one was there.

If you have a Nexus One on AT&T also, you probably don't see either of these apps in the market either. So how do you download them? Take your SIM card out. Connect to wifi and go back into the market after turning your phone back on and you'll see PdaNet, EasyTether, wifi tether for root users, and there may be a few more, all there. After you download them, just put your SIM card back in your phone and tethering should work fine.

Hope this helps any of you who couldn't find any tethering apps in the market.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Any time. I asked about this a few weeks ago but no one posted the problem or provided a solution, so I thought maybe they got pulled from the market. But after that tethering article posted here yesterday I think, I saw some people had the same problem as me, and some were downloading it fine. So I tried taking both my SIM card and MicroSD card out to see if either were the problem and found out it was the SIM.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Any time. I asked about this a few weeks ago but no one posted the problem or provided a solution,

That might have been me.
It never occurred to me that the market was segregated by carrier sim.

Excellent clue, thanks for posting it.

Now if PDANet would just release a Linux driver for the Computer side I'd be good to go.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I had no idea, either.

I'm surprised AT&T can pull apps from the market, since they don't officially support the phone.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
That might have been me.
It never occurred to me that the market was segregated by carrier sim.

Excellent clue, thanks for posting it.

Now if PDANet would just release a Linux driver for the Computer side I'd be good to go.

Just wondering, why not use Bluetooth? Unless you don't have Bluetooth in your computer. And if you need to keep the phone charged, you can still plug it in.

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey, how would one do this with Sprint? I know Verizon BlackBerries have SIMs. But afaik thats a special circumstance for CDMA, so how would I do something like this on an Incredible or EVO. Is there a version of airplane mode that will kill all CDMA radio's but leave wifi on?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
PDAnet is there for me on EVO while I currently have airplane mode on and wifi on (so wifi only no CDMA), but I think I also found it before in over the air search.

Turn on airplane mode first which turns off all radios, then turn on wifi.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non