Financing apps

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello all. So there are some apps you can use for financing purchases either in store or online. A few of them that I have used are Affirm and Klarna. You pay via your apps, finance and make payments monthly on small purchases and such. Unfortunately, this only works for the most part if you shop at a major retailer store or partnered store.

I have found myself recently in the situation wanting to make a large purchase through a "mom and pop," type business, whom are not partnered with any apps like this or anything. Are there any apps out there, or any way through any existing apps like Klarna, that I can use to finance a purchase through a place like this? My wife said sometimes she sees people on Facebook purchase things using Klarna so I figured that would be a similar kind of circumstance, but I don't know.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Even if there was an open platform like that, the business still has to be set up to accept it like the do now.

Is there a reason you can't use something like debit or credit card? If the purchase is sufficiently large, you could take out a personal loan and pay with a cashier's check.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The thing is, it's one of those purchases that I don't have money for lol But paying it slowly over time wouldn't be a big deal. Bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali