[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Malore7898

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
In the next update will you have support for galaxy nexus GSM cause I would love to use this app and this is the only rooted device I have. But good work on making something this awesome :)

Reactions: igeekman

nickguobi

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the demo version on a motorola me525+ (2.3.4) and the app works great and is perfect for my needs except that on playback, the audio drops out as soon as the screencast app loses focus - is this a demo version limitation or an issue?

Dusha999

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I have tried this great app on my Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.3

For a standard recording it works just fine

But when I try to capture "video-in video" - in some apps video on the screen coming from the phone camera is not captured, only graphical overlays are captured.

I'm talking about Augmented reality apps like QR Droid and Route66+Navigation.
The video coming on the screen from the built-in camera in this apps is not captured properly.

At the same time some other apps like Layar or Word Lens are working fine...

Is it a system limitation of the SVR or an issue with support of some video apps on SGN+ICS 4.0.3?

Could you please try QR Droid (QR code scanner) on your systems?

Last edited:

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Silly me buying this app when it worked great on Gingerbread, then expecting it to upgrade eventually to run on ICS or JB.

Simple yes or no answer mediasol, is Screencast still under development and if so will it eventually work on newer Android versions like ICS and JB?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Is Screencast still under development
Yes

and if so will it eventually work on newer Android versions like ICS and JB?
It was never about being incompatible with ICS or JB. Your question should be: "Will it ever work with new devices which have proprietary display controllers?". Support cannot be universal anymore, and it will come on a platform by platform basis.

sebianoti

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If Screencast is in development why don't you answer people? i can understand there are a lot of questions but not replying at all is not the way to go...
been waiting for months for full tegra 3 support and i will continue to wait but just answer and tell us whether HTC One X / Nexus 7 will be supported?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If Screencast is in development why don't you answer people? i can understand there are a lot of questions but not replying at all is not the way to go...
been waiting for months for full tegra 3 support and i will continue to wait but just answer and tell us whether HTC One X / Nexus 7 will be supported?

Or even the GNex... We never get a response about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Or even the GNex... We never get a response about it.

I have mentioned the difficulties with the GNex a few times in the past. The OMAP4 has built in hardware DRM which makes the framebuffer inaccessible from software running in user space. The challenge to fix Screencast for the GNex means breaking the hardware protection on the framebuffer (read: very difficult). We even hired OMAP consultants and they all threw their hands up in the air. Without HEAVY kernel modifications, Screencasting on the GNex is impossible.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have mentioned the difficulties with the GNex a few times in the past. The OMAP4 has built in hardware DRM which makes the framebuffer inaccessible from software running in user space. The challenge to fix Screencast for the GNex means breaking the hardware protection on the framebuffer (read: very difficult). We even hired OMAP consultants and they all threw their hands up in the air. Without HEAVY kernel modifications, Screencasting on the GNex is impossible.

Actually that's the first I recall you elaborating at all on the GNex. Unless I missed it, the requests in this thread wanting to know if it would ever happen went unanswered. Now I know. Bummer to hear it.

revelnode

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Beta Testers Needed] Screencast Video Recorder

Having some issues on the Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Its been rooted and I have tested with other aps, and Super user states the ScreenCast demo has been granted permissions. It seems to record a lank (black) screen, as in it records nothing for 20 seconds. Any ideas?

Also, on the Nexus it doesn't seem to want to delete the blank files from within the app, the only way for me to delete them is to go to the gallery and delete them from there.

[EDIT]
Just read this:

Well what a bummer, the only reason I rooted my Nexus was for this app. To find out it will prolly never work on the Nexus kinda blows.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It was never about being incompatible with ICS or JB. Your question should be: "Will it ever work with new devices which have proprietary display controllers?". Support cannot be universal anymore, and it will come on a platform by platform basis.

Yea, that's why I mentioned in my post that it worked great on my Kindle Fire (1st gen) when it was running CM7 then was useless after I upgraded beyond that to ICS then just this week to Jellybean. So, in my situation, is it now a kernel issue?

Also, thanks for replying, it went a long way towards reducing my ill will after reading this thread and thinking the app was abandoned.

arhifane

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a rooted HTC Nexus One with some costom OS (basically 2.3). I installed the application but it don't work, i have a message that it can't contact the Android Market (witch i don't have installed on my Custom OS). What can i do in order to use the application?

Thanks

anon(848145)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a rooted HTZ Rezound (with standard Verizon ROM) and this program makes great screen videos. However, with the demo I seem to be limited to 15 seconds of video which is not enough. The red light indicator just goes out and the video is saved.

Is this a limitation of the demo? If so I'll happily buy the program. Or am I encountering a bug or some inherent limitation of my phone?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Rich Fritzson
[mod edit - removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a rooted HTZ Rezound (with standard Verizon ROM) and this program makes great screen videos. However, with the demo I seem to be limited to 15 seconds of video which is not enough. The red light indicator just goes out and the video is saved.

Is this a limitation of the demo? If so I'll happily buy the program. Or am I encountering a bug or some inherent limitation of my phone?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Rich Fritzson
[mod edit - removed]

Correct. The paid version removes the 15 seconds limitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87