Junk mail application

Gregorylax

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched from a bb to the Dinc and am loving it so far but one thing that I am really missing is an application that will delete junk emails automatically. On my bb I had an app called mailminder which would delete junk emails if any of you former bb owners are familiar with it, so I am trying to find something similar. Any suggestions?

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former BB user. Looked for the same functionality, as I had a great set of filters set up on the BIS. There does not appear to be anything like what you are looking for at present. There are on-line based services that will retrieve your mail for you, apply the filters you want, and then forward the mail to you. You just have to use THEIR SMTP or IMAP servers on your device.

I can't recommend any of them - one offered a trial, and I was never able to receive my mail, noting I'm a computer geek, so I should have been able to figure it out.

If you own your own domain, the same services also offer to filter your entire domain's email - that involves making some changes with your domain server, and might work. I never tried it since I could not risk being without access to my email, and I did not want to hand over control of my mail servers to an untested company.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Android plays very nicely with Gmail, and I'm pretty impressed with Gmail's ability to filter out the spam. If there are specific individuals, domains or keywords you want to add additional filtering for, that's easy to set up on Gmail, too.

You can keep your old email address(es) and just have gmail POP them off your old server. What's not to love?

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Android plays very nicely with Gmail, and I'm pretty impressed with Gmail's ability to filter out the spam. If there are specific individuals, domains or keywords you want to add additional filtering for, that's easy to set up on Gmail, too.

You can keep your old email address(es) and just have gmail POP them off your old server. What's not to love?

Exactly my suggestion. I just set up my accounts to forward all of my e-mail to Gmail. It all goes to one e-mail box, and everything works grand. Helps that GMail as turned me into a filter-whore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty