need a good quick contact app

deboss

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Please give some recommendations for "quick contact apps". I want to quickly access my favorite contacts and get the option to message or call.

I've used the Contact Widget and Quick Connect. The widget works but liters my home screen with icons. Quick connect does not work. Half of the contacts have the wrong data after pulling them into the app.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You could create a folder then drag the contact widgets into it. This way you only see a single folder on the home screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Try Contacts GroupU. It allows you to make different contact groups and interact with those on your home screen. I have one for my Techs, one for my Project Managers, one for my family and one for my customers.

The best part is you can check the names you want to interact with and then interact with them as a group. I send out a weekly safety message via sms and I use one of my groups to do that. I just select all in that group and then sms the message to all of them at once via Google Voice. Really handy.

It's also a quick way to narrow your contact search and then just phone one of those in the group if that's all you need to do.

Hope this helps