Titanium Pro, Is there a way to wipe your backup to make a new one?

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Every time I flash a new rom and run Titanium Pro to restore apps it restores some apps that I no longer wish to use. I have went into Ti and uninstall'd the apps that I dont want/use anymore but after a restore those unwanted apps are still there.
I think someone told me in another post that there is a wipe backup option in Ti, but I cannot find it.
How and what would be the proper way to delete my Ti backup so I can create a new backup file?

Thanks
Ken

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I think you can do this. First install a file manager app like Astro. Go into Astro and make a back up of Titanium Backup on your SD card. Now do what you normally do when you flash a rom. Right after you flash a new rom and boot up you phone, skip the google login. This will help prevent apps from automatically installing on your phone. Now go into your sd card and install the back up of Titanium Backup and restore all of your application with it. Now go into accounts and login to your account. I could be wrong but I think I have seen this done on some sites.

Edit: If you are referring to getting rid of all of the back up on your SD card then yes you can. Go into TB and go to Batch. Scroll down to the bottom and select 'delete backups'. Once finished to to the top and then select 'Create Back up of apps'

Last edited:

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I would think I would need to delete my current Ti backup.
When I flash a new rom I usually DL Ti from the market then restore apps, the problem is my Ti backup has apps I dont want. I was hoping for a way to delete my current Ti backup then make a new backup
I have always logged into google at setup, but my apps have never been installed after logging in. I always had to do a Ti restore or DL appbrain and DL my saved apps back into the phone. I have found a Ti restore is much quicker then appbrain

tx
Ken