Is there a perfect backup app? Backs up EVERYTHING but doesn't need root.

d4005

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
What I'd like is the perfect backup software but I think it doesn't exist, at least without having to root.

My ideal workflow - I run a backup app that saves to my chosen cloud storage or to a USB drive and it backs up absolutely everything. If my phone is broken, corrupted, lost, etc I can go out and buy another one of those exact phones, restore my most recent backup and then I would not be able to tell that anything had happened. Not only would all my files be there, my caches and other app data and my system configuration settings and apps and app positions on the home screen - EVERYTHING is as it was.

It would be even better if it could work as a migration tool also. I'd pay a decent amount for something like that.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Yes, this is impossible without root, as that would need more-or-less unrestricted access to the file system in Android. If Google would allow third-party apps unrestricted access to whole file system without root, that would pose a huge security risk.

You might have better luck with your phone manufacturer's home-grown backup utility (like Huawei HiSuite or Samsung SmartSwitch for Windows), if they have one. They may be able to backup more stuff than the usual third-party backup software. Google's cloud backup is sometimes hit-or-miss when it comes to restoring apps and settings. I do think Google should start working on improving their backup service.

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
While there are many backup apps available, finding the perfect one that meets all your requirements may be challenging. However, some apps like Titanium Backup (requires root) or Helium (root not required) offer comprehensive backup options, including app data and system settings. They can restore your device to its previous state. Keep in mind that migration tools may vary depending on the device and operating system. It's worth exploring these apps and reading user reviews to find the best fit for your needs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred