Touchdown and native apps

rrogers44

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

First post. Newly converted BB Storm 2 to Android Pro for work. I purchased touchdown for exchange and it is working well.

My only complaint is that it does not populate the calendar, and has only one way sync with the contacts. As a result, I can't use most 3rd party calendar widgets and contact apps. For instance, Camcard imports the data to the contact app. So Touchdown never sees it and therefore Outlook never sees it.

Does anyone know of any workarounds? e.g. sync outlook from PC to gmail, then gmail down to native calendar.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Rich

JrrInTN

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The calendar and contacts work great in Touchdown for me. I believe you have to set it up as an exchange acct in the normal settings first. In the phone settings go to Accounts and Sync -> Add Account, then add it as an Exchange Activesync account and ensure you tell it to sync contacts and calendar. At least on mine that ensure itg syncs to Touchdown as well as other third party calendars as well.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If you want to sync with your stock calendar and contacts then set up sync for them. You can do so even if you're using Touchdown. No need to go through gmail.

You might want to remove the phone contacts that Touchdown's copy function created.

rrogers44

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
JRR and Takeshi,

Thanks for your responses. I am having issues setting up the sync not via Touchdown. When I go to add accounts, it gives me many options including "Corporate Sync" and "Email". Which is the correct option? I don't see anything for an exchange activesync account.

Thanks again,

Rich