MixZing genre

johnlcrowe

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using MixZing as my music player. Does anyone know how MixZing determines the song genre? The play has something different than what the song is tagged with. Why is that?

Thanks

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna open this one back up! I just started using this prog to play music and I think I have the same exact question...

When I go to "Alternative" and I select "Play All", I would expect it to play all of the Alternative songs on the device... But it doesn't - it basically plays whatever it wants; sometimes the first played song isn't even in that folder...

Any help/ideas from anybody?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that it pulls it from the ID3 data. You can install something like EasyTag (among many others) under Linux to edit them. Windows Media Player can also edit this information, and I assume there's a Mac program as well.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanx - but let me be more clear. When I select "Alternative", it displays the correct songs. If I select a different genre, it displays the correct songs for that genre. But when I play the songs under the genre, it doesn't seem to care where I had navigated to and it just plays everything.

It's a little weird to go from Black Eyed Peas to Linkin Park. I also understand that there's a "Surprise Factor" option in Settings, but I don't understand it exactly and so I set it to "None."

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Check the ID3 tags, songs can have multiple genres there. It's possible it's only listing the first genre in the grouping, but selecting based on any genre.

Dutchbear#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that is the problem; my genres all get reset to "Other". It seems like the phone (HTC Desire in my case) can only handle 14 genres, and which are valid is determined by the order of ingression. Everything after that seems to default to "Other".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89