[TOOL] GotYa! Identify your thief ! Face and locate !
10-05-2012 05:22 AM
See the face and locate who stole your device ! Protect your device against thieves ! Do you want to know who's using your device, stealing it, or just opening it up and snoop around on it? Well, GotYa! is your choice!
You love your Droid, right? And others might just love it more and try to steal it or maybe just open it up and snoop around on it. Want to see who's is doing it, and where, for less than a beer price ?
By having an unlock code on your device GotYa! hooks into that, and once the password/pin/pattern is entered wrong, it allows the device to take a pic of the face of the thief, log the location, and send you an email !
GotYa! takes a silent snapshot of the criminal who is attempting to use your device, through the front facing camera, whenever the screen lock is entered incorrectly. After taking the picture, it acquires the location of your device and forms a Google maps link, sending it with the timestamped picture to your email.
You can even tell GotYa! to shoot and locate every time the screen turns on, after some wrong attempts ! Moreover, through simple remote SMS commands, you can even :
- Request remotely a location
- Request remotely a call back
- Play remotely an alarm sound
- Be notified on SIM change !
Forget about others "device location" application ! GotYa! is THE choice !
This is the FULL version of GotYa!, with the following *outstanding* features :
- FULL size image capture
- Email notifications support with location
- Remote SMS commands
- Smart screen ON capture trigger
- Queued system notifications support
- Incremental, timestamped, captures support
Be sure to setup the system screen lock and that's it !
GotYa! memory needs are null : since GotYa! is deeply hooked into the screen lock, no permanent service is needed. It will NOT start long running services, excepted for sending emails but will shutdown as soon as finished.
Froyo users : Froyo does NOT *officially* support front camera access to third party developers. GotYa! WILL try various workarounds for you, but please note that this is *experimental* and may NOT works. To be sure, please first try GotYa! Lite. You can help us to (better) support your device by sending us some informations about your camera using the "Support" button inside the application. We will do our best to update our application for Froyo, but you may have to consider upgrading to Gingerbread (or newer) for a 100% support.07-05-2011 02:16 PM
- I haven't tried it, yet, but I think the idea is awesome. Its the best anti-theft I've ever heard of. Due to the facts that I do have froyo and always enter my screen lock incorrectly the first two times, I might wait awhile before I get around to giving it a whirl.07-08-2011 09:52 PM
- 07-09-2011 01:58 AM
- I like the approach you've taken. It seems simple, but effective. Can you tell me which settings to use if my goal is:
- send an email with pic and location if two consecutive failed logins recorded
- clear lock screen if 3 consecutive failed logins recorded
- after lock screen cleared, send email with pic and location everytime screen turned on
- send an email with pic and location if SIM card swapped
At the moment, I'm getting many more emails than expected? It would be very helpful to have a more detailed explanation of each setting.
Pete10-03-2012 07:03 AM
I have a basic question. Is it true that failed attempts must be sequential? In other words, once a good login occurs, the app resets the counter to zero. That would make sense. For example, if one records a failed attempt on Tuesday and another on Thursday that should not count as two, right?
Also, I don't really understand the 'Screen On' option. Can you please explain it?
Pete10-03-2012 10:56 AM
- I have done some testing today. The results seem better than before, but still leave some unanswered questons. Here are the results so far:
Initial Settings:Take a picture in every failed login after 1 attemptResults
Screen on disabled
Friendly mode threshold set to 31. good login, failed login, good login -> no emails!!Updated settings:
2. good login, two failed logins, good login -> got 1 email!!
3. good login, two failed logins, good login -> got 1 email!!
4. good login, two failed logins, good login -> got 3 emails?Screen On: Take a picture every time the screen turns on after 2 failed attemptsResults1. good login, two failed logins, good login -> got 3 emails?
I'm hoping you can explain the results and recommend changes.
Pete10-03-2012 12:10 PM
- I continue to evaluate GotYa. I just discovered something most curious. I sent an SMS message (Screen On) to take pictures whenever screen turned on. I then turned on screen one time. I then received 7 emails in quick succession with a time of 0734. Each of the 7 messages contained a gps location time stamped at 0734:00. However, only the most recent email had a current picture attached. Each of the others had a successively older picture from earlier tests. It's almost as if the phone was storing pictures and decided to send them all out at once? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I don't consider this a fatal flaw since I would much rather get a few extra emails than none at all.
Pete10-04-2012 07:05 AM
- Android Apps, Browsers, Games & More
- Android Apps
[TOOL] GotYa! Identify your thief ! Face and locate !
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD