Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Default SkyFire

Was all excited, HULU FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Nope

Quote Originally Posted by AllGood View Post
    Was all excited, HULU FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Nope
    Every page I try it says "Web Page Not Available". I just don't get it.

The browser is only ok...it is sometimes not as fast as the stock browser and about 50% of the time, videos do not work. They just hang at 25%. I know it's still a beta but I was hoping for a little more, I guess.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

Thats weird I have not run into these problems.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    They just hang at 25%.
    I thought the same thing. Then I was loading a video that was stuck @ 25% when the dogs started barking. Set the Droid down to go check on them and when I got back (maybe 30 seconds) the vid was playing. Tried it again with another one from the same site and it seemed to load just a little faster. Well, it hung at 25% a little less.
    It seems I have lived my life only to serve as a warning to others.

ROM
    Project Elite 5.x GB

I thought it was an okay browser but the pinch to zoom is HORRIBLE!!! I will stick with xscope for now it does everything I want in a browser, but will likely keep sxyfire in case there is a video I want to watch that the other browsers can't play

Been using it since friday, ITS AWESOME on my ERIS! Speed is amazing..youtube works, the ZOOM feature on it is the best i've seen..nothing but goodthings to say aBOUT IT!

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

xscope is far better, i've tried skyfire for a day or two and couldn't stand it
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3)
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    HTC Droid Incredible
    HTC Droid Eris

Skyfire keeps closing whenever I am in landscape orientation mode!!!! I think I'm gonna go back to Dolphin

Default Hulu does work

Make sure you have your option set to desktop after it loads the page click the video at the bottom and it works great sweet. Make sure you just got the last update.

I just downloaded Skyfire (on my HTC Incredible) and it worked as advertised. Hulu videos worked as I originally had hoped for on the default browser.

This isn't working on my droid. I watched the video where he viewed a video on espn.com, but on mine, the video icon below just flashes, and it doesn't do anything. I can't view flash content or video on ANY site.

Quote Originally Posted by GivenToFly View Post
    This isn't working on my droid. I watched the video where he viewed a video on espn.com, but on mine, the video icon below just flashes, and it doesn't do anything. I can't view flash content or video on ANY site.
    Mine did that as well I changed to load pages as android then back to desktop and it started working, this was on my droid. hope this helps

just tried it, still doesn't work. Tried uninstalling and re-installing it too, to no avail. Screw it. My incredible does flash fine for me, putting the droid away until I can watch Homestar Runner from my phone.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

It's decent on my Hero

I still prefer Dolphin over Skyfire

mine doesn't want to exit.

Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kage87Z View Post
    mine doesn't want to exit.
    Are you long-pressing back? That's how you close the browser.

Does anyone know how to change the default download location?

Hulu on Skyfire not working for me on the Inc....

What devises do u people have? I have an ERIS n SKYFIRE is amazing on it!! I got HULU, YOUTUBE, EVERYTHING!!! Speed is excellent, and the ZOOM feature is incredibble,bra!