Mms messages problem

Tomarsha95

Apr 26, 2024
Visit site
S22+
Verizon
I'm having trouble sending MMS messages Sometimes it works fine. But most times it doesn't. I'll just get the spinning circle of wait and eventually a failed send message.

SMS message are fine and I have no trouble receiving MMS messages.

I tried a different messages app and I get the exact same problem. So I don't believe it's the app.

I had a e Sim because Verizon didn't have physical cards at the time. But I changed that and now have a physical Sim card.
I didn't buy the phone from Verizon, so I'm not sure if they would help me.

What should I do?

Edit;
If I restart the phone, then it works. But it doesn't take long before it stops working again.

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Both apps I've tried are simply called "messages". Both have a blue icon
I would imagine the first one was Samsung. I think the Verizon one is red?
On my S23+, the blue Messages app—with the 3 dots centered on the icon—is Samsung Messages, and the blue Messages app—with the solid blue center—is Google Messages.

You might try clearing the cache, as well, at: Settings > Apps > Messages

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Both apps I've tried are simply called "messages". Both have a blue icon
I would imagine the first one was Samsung. I think the Verizon one is red?
Having/using both can cause issues. Going from Samsung to Google is seamless. Google to Samsung is not.

For most I'd (though I hate it) recommend Google Messages. Make sure under settings that you have auto download MMS and also see if RCS is stuck in the Settings Menu, it should read connected. If RCS is trying to connect, regular SMS and MMS operations can be interrupted.

If you don't care about RCS, just turn it off.

If you do want RCS, sometimes you need to activate the switch while in Mobile, turn on Wifi and it will connect and your done with it.

Tomarsha95

Apr 26, 2024
Visit site
Not using the Verizon app. Tried both Google and Samsung app.
Tried everything you guys suggested and still having trouble.
I'm not terribly tech savvy. But I can usually get this stuff figured out.

Really scratching my head on this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode can only tell you in general if the problem is due to the system (or a preinstalled app) vs a 3rd party app you installed. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know it's due to something you installed. But you're right, it can't pinpoint the culprit -- to do that, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. It's still a good way to start narrowing things down, though.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii