Free app of day. PrintShare mobile print premium

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Worked fine from my TBolt last night to my shared printer after installing the client on my PC. Had my wife get it for her Droid3 today and it set up fine but not working. All devices in the client show status of "Opening" not "Ready".

I guess their servers are overloaded although why it needs to connect to them for a local print job is beyond me. printershare.com web site takes forever to respond, too ... LOL. Trying to get to the Help page to see what the problem is.

Update* - Now works from my wife's Droid3. Even if you are printing over your own private network via wi-fi but your printer is shared/controlled by a PC then you must have an active internet connection to PrintShare's servers on the PC running the client app. I don't really plan on setting up an account on their server to print remotely yet, so it still seems a bit strange to me that I need to be connected to them to print locally. Other than that it will certainly do as a convenience once in a while and the price was right.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Glad I didn't pay for it. Their servers are extremely slow. Takes for ever to download additional files needed in order to print.
I've seen someone use this app before. Once you download the drivers, you won't have to download them again. Their servers have never been this slow. So far the app is unusable. Guess I'll try back another day to download them.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The desktop software seems to be a little iffy, losing connection at times. I guess their servers are really getting overloaded. I have a wifi/network printer at the house, so I was able to connect to it directly and print (bypassing their servers). I've been able to print while away from home as well, so the desktop software will work, when it finally does connect again.