Help with Pocket Informant and sync with Google Tasks

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Fairly new user of Pocket Informant on my Evo...I was pleasantly surprised to see that the most recent update syncs with Google Tasks, which I have been trying to make use of for a while. Anyway, my initial sync seemed to grab all my existing tasks, but no changes have subsequently synced. The interface seems pretty straightforward--either check or uncheck sync--however, nothing seems to sync beyond my initial attempt.

Unfortunately, the forums on the PI site were not very helpful to me, so I am hoping to find some users who can help me discover the problem.

Thanks!
ME

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had PI on my Blackberry. It looked great but it never worked quite right. It's too bad. I'm using GO widgets now and like them.

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had PI on my Blackberry. It looked great but it never worked quite right. It's too bad. I'm using GO widgets now and like them.

What do you mean by 'never worked quite right?' It does seem that iOS has been the priority of late for PI, as that's where all it's fanfare seems to be coming from. However, I know a friend who used in on his old Windows Mobile device back in the day and he really liked it. All that said, when I first purchased it, it realllly lagged on my Evo and did seem to be a little buggy--so much so on both counts that I totally abandoned it. However, the latest version with the new interface and syncing with GTasks has been rock solid and is rather peppy. The only issue that I seem to be having is that after my initial sync with Tasks (not Calendar), changes on either platform don't get synced at all. :confused:

As far as I've seen, this is the only PIM app out there that actually syncs with BOTH GCal and GTaks...unless I'm overlooking something. I like the UI and could use it stand-alone (which I am, in effect, doing now when it comes to tasks), but really want to be able to interact with my calendar and tasks on the go and at my desk.

ME

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
On the BB, it would do Contacts, too. It would sync calendars OK but Contacts wouldn't always sync. I always liked the way its calendars looked. I don't like them enough to spend $10. I don't do Tasks.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be some kind of issue with Google Task sync and PI right now. PI has acknowledged this in a support exchange I had with them. Sounds like the next update will fix it, but no idea when we will get that.

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, bucketheadmn. This is helpful to know. In case I miss it, can you post here when the next update is released?

Thanks again!
ME