Resume playback in Google Listen

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a quick question for those of you who use Google Listen. Yes, I have searched, but try searching for the words Google and listen on an android forum and see how many posts come up. :)

Anyway, I was using BeyondPod for a while, but honestly didn't see a need to pay for the unlock code. I subscribe to about 3 podcasts, so not a TON of use on it. The one feature I liked was if I was listening to 1 podcast (let's say Android Central's podcast), but changed my mind and switched to a second podcast (switched over to music or something else), it would remember where I was at on both of them and I could easily go back to the first podcast and pick up right where I left off.

It seems like on listen, once I move to a different podcast, it forgets the spot of the first one....Is this right or am I missing something??

Hopefully I am making sense on what I am asking..

Thanks

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having that problem. I started one podcast, hit back button and looked up another. Played that one then went back to first right where I left off.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having that problem. I started one podcast, hit back button and looked up another. Played that one then went back to first right where I left off.

So, it is just me then. Thanks..

I will play around with it a little more this weekend and see what I can do. It is still new to me, since I was using BeyondPod, and was just curious about it..

Thanks again...

YeOj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem

I am having the same problem. I just got an EVO and came from a Palm Pre. I was using a program called Dr. Podder and it would resume playback on any podcast. I can't seem to figure out how to get that to work in Google Listen. It appears that it only resumes on the last podcast you listened to and not all of them. Also, if you reboot your phone or kill google listen it loses the bookmark altogether. If anyone knows how to enable this feature please share. Otherwise, I like Google Listen just need the bookmark ability.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Just like Shafe75, it seems to work well for me.

I barely ever turn off my phone, but usually listen to Listen every day. I can stop one podcast, listen to another and switch back and forth and it remembers my spot. I honestly don't think I did much to the settings.

When I made that post, I had just installed Listen on the phone and didn't play around with it too much. Now, I really don't have any problems with anything and it works exactly how I want it to....including the resume playback...

Wish I could be more help...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa