Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thanks for the spam $.10 apps!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure one of these "sweet" $.10 deals gave me a spam program. I haven't downloaded anything recently, that I can recall, except programs during the $.10 promo Google ran. Now I have some stupid spam thing which throws up an icon (star or + sign) in my notifications bar, then asks me to click a link. I've tried uninstalling many DL'ed apps, but it's still there. Guess I will need to uninstall ALL of my DL'ed apps and re-install 1 by 1 to find the culprit. Ugh, thanks Google!

Default Re: Thanks for the spam $.10 apps!

Did you by chance download beautiful Widgets during that sale? My girlfriend downloaded only that and she has the exact same problem.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

Try an app called, airpush detector and it will tell you what app is causing this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by andrewvalenti View Post
    Did you by chance download beautiful Widgets during that sale? My girlfriend downloaded only that and she has the exact same problem.
    I've had BW since long before then, but I can try that if uninstalling everything else doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SAENZ_SCENE View Post
    Try an app called, airpush detector and it will tell you what app is causing this.
    Thanks, I will check that out!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It directs me to another app called "AddOnsDetector", which I am trying now.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

Awesome. Let me know what it finds. I'm interested to see what app is causing this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Awesome. Let me know what it finds. I'm interested to see what app is causing this.

It found 2 apps. Unfortunately I don't recall which 2. I've deleted so many lately it's been a blur. I will definitely update if I come across more though.

I got BW during the sale and haven't gotten any spam like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    I got BW during the sale and haven't gotten any spam like this.
    The airpush app did not list BW as an airpush app to worry about. I still have BW installed.