[Idea]Make My computer download something?

xFaultx

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had an idea for an app, and was wondering if it has ever been made. Im planning on getting a android phone in a few weeks, and im really really geeked about it. I download A TON of things via rapidshare, whether it movies, games, etc. An idea I had was an app that would somehow tell your computer to start downloading a link. I know that things like torrentdroid work this way, and something like this same technology, but with links light rapidshare, mediafire, or even just any download link. On top of that, if it could work with internet download managers/accelerators, thatd be cool to. Not necesarrily requesting this, just an idea for devs.

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You could use dropbox, then both the phone and computer would have the download... or you could use a VNC client and then have total control of your PC.

broli

May 29, 2010
Visit site
well, you have a few options. would help to know what operative system you have ...

i think the best, multiplatform option would be something like this.

1) get dyndns DynDNS.com - Free Domain Name, Managed DNS, Email Services working
2) install jdownloader and enable web interface plugin
3) from phone, navigate to your personal domain

if you have a unix, or seedbox, you can use "connectbot", but you still need the dyndns part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty