Another phone mod freak...sort of

Munk.3

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello guys & girls 😊

I'm Munk.3

I guess I like to mod phones an stuff. More recently I've been trying to mod or make a custom ROM for an android device (restricted & unbranded Chinese device)

Although im familiar with installing twrp, ROMs, rooting, etc...I've never dug deeper into android modding ( like messing around with sensitive files and such)

However this unbranded, restricted android device project is really pushing me to learn the work of android (search me on xda and look at my timmkoo Q5 threads. Won't link them here because I don't want to break rules that I didn't read yet 😨)

Some Interesting problems in my project:
(For devs or modders who are interests and just wanna know my daily stress 😂)

1) RSA fingerprint accepting is hidden by manufctuer , thus adb usage is always device offline ( this forced me to look into jar files and apk files to see what I can do, along with moving keys. Still an issue lol)

2) manufacture removed install unknown source allowed ( this is funny because the manufacturer hid the settings 😅, so I modified settingsProvider.apk to get pass that dialogue. ( although apps still wont install, I still get to see the actual install button! This taught me what each apk does, and how modification to some apps affect a lot of things.)

3 ) hard reset just to enter recovery mode since manufacture disable the keys for boot/download mode.

3) and a lot more of problems lol. Adb issues, apk installations, life issues 😥.

But yeah, thats my intro. I'm a guy with problem just like you!! So you can expect me to ask questions on here. Maybe you'll see me around on reddit or xda?

If not there, then you'll definntly see me ask for help here, or maybe even answering questions : )

See ya around my terminally I'll online dgital nomadic friends.

(I can't believed you read everything..)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome aboard! 😃🤟

I like what you're doing... it sounds fun 👍
I did something similar when I first started using Windows, was given a couple of old Windows 95 machines, and started messing around with them breaking and fixing things just to learn. We had actually just bought a Windows XP machine, but I wanted to practice on something more "disposable". It was fun and I learned a lot 😉

Reactions: Munk.3

Munk.3

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Welcome aboard! 😃🤟

I like what you're doing... it sounds fun 👍
I did something similar when I first started using Windows, was given a couple of old Windows 95 machines, and started messing around with them breaking and fixing things just to learn. We had actually just bought a Windows XP machine, but I wanted to practice on something more "disposable". It was fun and I learned a lot 😉
The beat way o learn I to tackle it hands on. Thank you for the warm welcome 🙏

Reactions: J Dubbs