Call/SMS Blocker

RConcheiro#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't even have a Droid yet lol, I currently have a Blackberry 9700, and have an amazing app called Blackbook, which I love... it doesn't show up on the main menu, and if it I hit the end call button 5 times the app automatically opens up.

I a looking for something like this on the Droid X, so I am looking for an app (not google voice or anything) that will do something similar. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking for. There are lots of call blocker apps in the market. Is it that important that the app be invisible? Do other people routinely check what's on your phone?

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Just be aware that blocking SMS on your device doesn't prevent you from being billed for it since your device has to receive the SMS first.

RConcheiro#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking for. There are lots of call blocker apps in the market. Is it that important that the app be invisible? Do other people routinely check what's on your phone?

Yeah I do lol... my gf checks it a lot, and even though I don't cheat on her, I would like to talk to my other friends. But if there is no app that actually hides it, but only blocks it then thats fine too.

Just be aware that blocking SMS on your device doesn't prevent you from being billed for it since your device has to receive the SMS first.

Yeah I have unlimited texting anyways. But thanks for the input! :cool:

JeromeTurner5

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't even have a Droid yet lol, I currently have a Blackberry 9700, and have an amazing app called Blackbook, which I love... it doesn't show up on the main menu, and if it I hit the end call button 5 times the app automatically opens up.

I a looking for something like this on the Droid X, so I am looking for an app (not google voice or anything) that will do something similar. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have this app for blackberry and I love it. It filters emails, pinmail and sms from selected contacts into a secret folder. to access the folder you need to enter a secret code into the phone. its the one thing holding me back from going to android. I checked the market and I don't see an AP like this on there. I saw shady sms, but would rather this could filter emails than sms. Anyone know of an app that can do this? Or how about an app that will hide one of the 7 "walls" that you scroll through on the android. Maybe I could put my SMS and emails on a hidden wall?

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this app for blackberry and I love it. It filters emails, pinmail and sms from selected contacts into a secret folder. to access the folder you need to enter a secret code into the phone. its the one thing holding me back from going to android.
:confused: The only reason you are not switching?... I can give you 2,452,682,386 reasons why you should switch....

Anyways, here are some ideas. I don't use them so I can't shed light on their functionality.
SMS Safe
Stealth SMS
SMS Spam
SMS Popup

JeromeTurner5

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I know I have a million reasons to leave RIM, but I need this app. Unfortunately none of apps you recommended can stealth email. How about hiding one of the seven screens? Is that possible?

Maybe I'll just wait for the Blackbook app for android to release an update that can filter email as well as SMS.

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I used blackbook for a while, it would block your text messages, but it would keep them in a log so you could read them and reply if you wanted to. It would also delete any calls you set it to block automatically from the call log. I used it mostly for debt collectors after being laid off, nothing depresses you more than dodging people you owe money too, and being constantly reminded that your dodging them by seeing the call log light up everytime it blocked a call. THe only problem I had with the app was that if you were on a call, and a blocked call came in it would hang up on both parties. Not terrible but worth mentioning.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the market and there is an app for android called BlackBook. Same one you're looking for.
Blackbook by mblware software.

JeromeTurner5

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately black book doens't stealth emails on for Android. Thats only available on the blackberry version.

I saw couple of nice app lock programs. Is there an app that will hide applications form the screen that will only come up with a secret password like Blackbook does?

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why you need the email's filtered too. Emailing isn't as 'native' in Android as BB, so you could always just turned off the notifications from your email app...Maybe there's one that requires a log in on each open or something?

evoti

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately black book doens't stealth emails on for Android. Thats only available on the blackberry version.

I saw couple of nice app lock programs. Is there an app that will hide applications form the screen that will only come up with a secret password like Blackbook does?

yep "PhoneBlocker" from Market just turn password protection on in settings

plrleezy

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Fellas...I don't think you are getting it. Look up what blackbook for the blackberry actually does. I love/need it so much that I'm considering getting another blackberry even though I can get a droid for free!!! It is a full on application that you use a code to access. Example...my side girl calls me, i have it setup to go straight to voicemail and my phone shows "updates complete". I have to type in a 5 button code just to get to the software then see her text, who called etc. It is insane!!!! So good, i leave my phone laying around the house without a worry at all! I feel you dude that started this string. It is a must for a "playa" or a dude with a nozy female. As far as I can tell we are out of luck. My dude downloaded on his samsung but I'm not sure from where. It's out there, but I'm not buying another phone until I know where.
OUT!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress