Scheduled Profiles?

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
is there an app where i could have a weekly schedule set that changed the androids profile? say for example:

Sun-Wed 8am-7Pm Vibrate Profile
Thurs-Sat: Normal Profile

im not sure how or what to search for in the store to find what im looking for. thanks

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Check out Tasker Its not on the market but can be downloaded off market from the website.

Locale may be another option you might want to look at. Not sure if it allows conditions to be set though based on time.

Hope this helps.

wyountrx

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying Sound Manager and Profile Manager both allow custom schedules based on time of day and day of week. However, sometimes the schedules don't activate, but useful most of the time and both free on the market.
Kirk

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Timerrific works very well and is easy to set up. It is available int
Market. You can also search on "profiles" and find several more. I have tried most of them and ended up using Timerrific.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Timerrific works very well and is easy to set up. It is available int
Market. You can also search on "profiles" and find several more. I have tried most of them and ended up using Timerrific.

I just wanted my phone to auto switch to silent at night and then back to normal the next morning - and at different times for the weekend. Timerrific works perfectly for this and has many other options - and it is free.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
is there an app where i could have a weekly schedule set that changed the androids profile? say for example:

Sun-Wed 8am-7Pm Vibrate Profile
Thurs-Sat: Normal Profile

im not sure how or what to search for in the store to find what im looking for. thanks

I use "Setting Profiles" -- The best, easiest profile program. Allows you to set by time of day or by keyword in your appointments....very easy and much simpler than Tasker! (Tasker is a great program but very difficult to use and setup)

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up to this thread, I am a newb but have been looking for something similar to this. I came from a Storm (wow what a difference). Anyways, I had the ability to turn off the sound for my e-mail notifications at night, and still have audible notifications for phone, text, and alarms, is this possible? I have looked at some of the apps everyone suggested and I'm just not sure. Thanks in advance for your help.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do any of these apps allow you to silence some notifications and leave others alone? For instance, if I wanted to silence everything but phone calls, do any of these apps have that capability?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes they do. Im playing with Toggle Settings right now. ive tried setting profile (i like that one) timmerric and a couple others. I can make it so phone calls come thru but alerts dont and vice-versa.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've just spent a few days with Setting Profiles Lite and Timeriffic. Each one has its pros and cons. I like the fact that Setting Profiles has location-based options, because if I am still out of the house at 1am, I'd still want my phone to work like usual. I like the fact that Timerrific has all of its features for free (although SP is just $4).

They both seem to have a pretty steep learning curve which requires a lot of trial and error. Also, I wish Timeriffic had an option to end a profile at a certain time (and have everything go back to your default settings), instead of the profile changes going on forever until you create a new rule to change them back.

I'll check out Toggle Settings as well