storage issue in android

vchoksi

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
hi all...... i m new to this android phone and all...... the problem i m facing with my tipo is that i m unable to save installed application on external memory card... not only that some of my images, videos and songs which i have received from bluetooth, whats app, facebook etc.. are also on internal memory and unable to transfer the same on external memory card. astro file manager is not showing external memory card ... please let me know how to handly this issue.... i have just bought this phone .... i dont know what is rooting and all but i haven't done anything with my phone its complitely new .....

please help me......

thank you all in advance

cheers .....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Short answer: since Android 4.0, the OS no longer supports this. Instead, Android 4.0+ devices have one large storage partition that can be used for apps, media, or whatever.

Longer answer: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/246277-download-install-apps-sd-card.html There are several other threads on this topic, too.

As for Astro not showing the card, are you sure the card is inserted fully? I don't use Astro, so can't offer any specific help for that. You might want to try ES File Explorer. Or maybe an Astro user will chime it. You might want to show us a screen shot of what Astro shows when you try to find the external SD.