Micro SD card not appearing in "Storage" but showing in "My Files"

arlowood

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Recently acquired a Galaxy Tab S7 FE with 64GB internal memory storage.

Decided to increase the overall storage capacity and bought a SanDisk 128GB microSD card.

Powered down the tablet and carefully inserted the card.

However when I went to review the storage capacity by tapping Settings-DeviceCare-Storage , there was no sign of the additional SD card storage listed as I understood there should be.

If I open the App - "MyFiles" - I can see the SD card and look at the file structure within. I have set my camera to save all pics taken to the SD card and that seems to be working perfectly. Any pics I take appear under the DCIM - Camera folder when I search using the My Files app. The Tablet is running Android 14 with One UI version 6 (recently updated.

Not sure if there is any real issue but I was just expecting to see the SD card listed in the Device Care - Storage area.

BTW I also have a fairly new (to me) Galaxy A54 phone with an added SD card and the same situation applies there with the card being picked up by the My Files app but not showing under the Device Care - Storage route.

Any comments, suggestions welcomed.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not a bug, just how they display the info. A long time ago, Android dropped the ability (on stock OS versions) to use SD cards for actual system storage (i.e. app installation, app system data, OS files, etc.), so that Storage quick display is only going to show you what's available to the OS, which is, the internal portion only.

If you tap on that, however, you should then be able to see both Internal and SD Card storage status (you have to swipe on the top display to see each portion). And SD Card is now only available for user files and app media downloads.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos